ASEV Empolese Valdelsa Development Agency (www.asev.it) was created in 2001 with a mixed public private capital by the municipalities and social partners of the Empolese Valdelsa district, a region close to Florence, Italy.
Its main mission is to promote the economic, cultural and social development of the Empolese-Valdelsa area.
ASEV’s main activities are the following:
- Planning and management of activities connected with urban development, innovation, sustainable development and "project financing"
- Planning and managing of vocational training courses for people, enterprises, associations, public Organizations
- Planning and management of educational, vocational and professional guidance
- Support to local schools in carrying out education connected with activities and teachers’ training
- Planning and management of courses and activities related to university education
- Planning and management of services to promote employment, also in cooperation with local public employment service
- Training for migrants, together with the Circondario Empolese Valdelsa municipalities and Empolese Valdelsa Intercultural Centre.
- Participation in European programmes
- Promotion, planning and management of activities in tourism to enhance the cultural, historical and environmental patrimony of the Circondario.
ASEV is a training centre recognized by Toscana Region and it is involved in training and vocational guidance activities financed by European Social Fund (ESF).
It hosts an Open and Distance Learning centre belonging to the regional project TRIO, and manages the School of Ceramics and Pottery in Montelupo Fiorentino and the Regional Institute of Optics and Optometry in Vinci.
ASEV is certified ISO 9001:2000.
In 2003 ASEV established an Intercultural Centre, which since then has been organizing courses of Italian as second language and realising other initiatives for migrants. The Centre arranges also training of teachers in intercultural issues, welcoming projects for migrants, field research on immigration, mediation of intercultural conflicts.
ASEV’s Financial Statement for the year 2010 amounts at about 3 million euros.
ASEV has a staff of 25 well prepared experts in various areas. Since its establishment, ASEV training Activities have been attended by about 9000 people.
ASEV has been involved in several international projects. At the moment it manages the following projects funded by the European Commission: WBS Web Based Jobsearch Support (KA3, 2010-2011), SAFESEX (Health Call, 2010-2012), CIVICO (Comenius Multilateral, 2011-2012), IMPROVE (Grundtvig Multilateral, 2011-2012), L-Pack Citizenship Language Pack for migrants in Europe (KA2, 2011-2013), TACTICS Lifelong Game (GRUNDTVIG, 2011-2013), BEQUAL+ (Transfer of innovation, LEONARDO DA VINCI, 2011-2013), LARGE Learning Augmented Reality Global Environment (KA3 ICT, 2011-2013).